Inclusive CineClub - Gran Torino
Time & Location
About the Event
Date: 6 May 2021, Thursday
Time: 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Platforms: Zoom and Netflix
About the Event
On 6th of May, the Intercultural Dialogue Platform will start its series of movies dedicated to social inclusion with the famous movie directed by Clint Eastwood “Gran Torino”. Besides being a fundamental movie of the XXI century, it sheds the light as much on topical issues as on universal themes which touch the core strings of our sensitivity (the relationship with the other, the sense of humanity and the feeling of love conceived as sacrifice). The movie will be screened by using the platforms of Zoom and Netflix.
This cine club is an opportunity to live a collective experience which allows us to dialogue about the values conveyed by the movie, the co-existence between people with a different ethnic or cultural background by sharing our personal experiences and reflections on such themes.
The event is part of Inclusive Europe, a project which aims to facilitate the process of inclusion of newly arrived people in host societies by involving local communities and promoting mutual understanding between newcomers and locals. The Inclusive Europe project has a total of eight partners from six European countries: Belgium, Italy, Greece, Spain, the Netherlands and Hungary.
How to use Teleparty
In order to watch contents on Netflix together it’s necessary to install the extension Teleparty. Please, follow these simple steps:
- To install Teleparty, start off by clicking the "Install Teleparty" button through this link: https://www.netflixparty.com/ . Once you are redirected to the Chrome Web Store, click "Add to Chrome" to finish installing Teleparty.
- After installing Teleparty, you should see the "Tp" button next to your address bar. If you do not see the "NP" button, click on the puzzle icon located next to the address bar and pin the "Tp" button to your Chrome toolbar.
- We will send you a link through Zoom to join the party.
- To join a party click on the party URL, which will redirect to Netflix's website. Then click on the "NP" button next to the address bar, and you should automatically join the party.
Programme of the Event
- 6 p.m. Welcome and Digital Walk
- 6:10 p.m. Brief Introduction to the movie
- 6:20 p.m. Screening of the movie
- 8:10 p.m. Reflections on the movie
- 8:30 p.m. End of the event
About the Intercultural Campaign
The Intercultural Europe campaign aims to foster mutual understanding between newcomers and locals, highlighting commonalities, underlining how different cultures can enrich one's personal life and stimulating participants' curiosity about different histories and cultures. In Belgium, IDP and Fedactio plan to organise cine clubs, storytelling sessions and visits to historical, artistic and religious sites.